The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is vigorously pursuing regulatory and criminal prosecutions of individuals suspected of financial wrongdoing.
It is determined to further enhance its tough stance which has led to more individuals – not only board directors and senior management but also those further down the organisation – coming under the FCA spotlight.
The FCA is working closely with organisations both in the UK and abroad including the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), US Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and has significant powers to investigate and prosecute suspected criminal activity and regulatory breaches by individuals working in the regulated and non-regulated sectors.
- FCA Authorisation
- FCA Supervision & Enforcement
- Insider Dealing Investigations
- Market Abuse & Manipulation Investigations
- Money Laundering Investigations
Our FCA investigations lawyers have defended clients in the most complex financial services regulatory and criminal investigations at every stage, from dawn raids and interviews under caution, to robustly defending individuals at trial, offering clear and pragmatic advice with successful outcomes.
We have excellent knowledge of how the FCA works and are often successful in defending cases at the investigation stage, preventing civil and criminal proceedings being brought against our clients.
How we can help
We have experience in advising on all FCA regulatory matters, from pre-enquiry requests to representing individuals and businesses who are faced with regulatory investigations by the FCA’s Supervision and Enforcement divisions. We have assisted firms under investigation to avoid further regulatory action by allaying the concerns identified by the FCA at the start of a supervisory investigation. Our team robustly defends criminal enforcement proceedings, vigorously challenges allegations and provides strategic advice to protect interests and achieve excellent results for clients.
We regularly represents individuals who have faced difficulties in gaining approval from the FCA to conduct Authorised activities. We have assisted individuals and businesses in dealing with objections and queries from the regulator, resolving matters swiftly with positive outcomes.
- Acted for the former finance director in the high-profile iSOFT case. Directors were prosecuted on conspiracy to mislead the market. The case was described as the FSA’s ‘flagship prosecution’. All four directors were acquitted at the end of a second trial
- Represented four directors in a multi-agency investigation into alleged pension liberation fraud. Regulators included the FCA, HMRC and The Pensions Regulator. All allegations were withdrawn at the end of a three-year investigation
- Instructed to advise a senior director of a multi-national plc following a FSA and City of London police raid and subsequent investigation into an alleged multi-million-pound hole in client funds, achieving no further action
- Instructed to advise several City traders in connection with the ‘LIBOR’ scandal throughout a multi-agency investigation which included the FCA
- Successfully represented the CEO of a Plc in connection with multiple allegations surrounding market listing rules and disclosure and transparency regulations. No further action was taken against the client
Founder and Director
For initial consultation please call us to make an appointment on 0333 202 6445, or if you prefer contact us online